Saturday, November 05, 2005

welcome to the game

Today's soundtrack:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Soundtrack by John Williams
The Inner Harbour by Barry Pellett

Mea culpa. I know. It's been nearly a month. Now, I could make up some quasi-comical excuse as to why I've not updated. The upshot of the whole thing is that nothing really exciting and noteworthy has happened. Apparently, this reasoning is not good enough for some people, who insist on my updating by tagging me. Dusty strumpet.

So. Five things that my friends and/or peer group is excited about, but that I just don't get:

1) Dancing at Divas. Although I have no problem dancing around my house to Carole King and Janis Joplin, the idea of being crushed up against scantily-clad teenage girls and metrosexual boys who are bouncing up and down in a drunken frenzy because Usher is being played - again - is simply not appealing.
2) Desperate Housewives. Even mi compañero watches this show, but I just can't get behind it. I understand that it's a satire and that it's supposed to be clever, but the scriptwriting and plotlines pale in comparison to the brillance of Sex in the City. In fact, Desperate Housewives is, for me, the cast of the OC in a few year. Alas. A moment of silence, please.
3) Getting married and having kids. I have nothing against the institution of marriage or the bearing of children, but it seems like everyone is doing it but me.
4) Grammatically correct conversations. Never going to happen. I don't speak in complete sentences or coherent paragraphs. If you do, congrats. But don't think of correcting me.
5) Public beltching, farting, and eating with mouths open (inc. talking with mouths full). I don't understand the culture of rude behaviour that seems to have taken over my generation. Once, while I was walking through a mall in the 'Mo, one of a group of teenage boys walking towards me quite literally burped in my face. Not even an "Oops, didn't see you there". And who really wants to see what everyone else is eating? As for the public farting, either Daniela or Dave blogged about it. I refer you to their eloquence.

And as per the rules of the game, I must forward this onto three people. Do I know three people who blog? J the Mountie blogs. I shall nominate two other non-bloggers that should be blogging: Holly and Lindell. Mwahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Jolly Good Show! Let's give those Desperate Housewives something to be desperate about: your show is trite and cliched. mua ha ha ha.

    That was me being evil and vindictive in a safe environment.

    Do you think that constantly e-harassing Lindell and Holly will have any results? I guess we shall see.

    P.S. Was that a not-so-subtle dig at my creative exuses for not blogging!? If so, madame, I challenge you to a duel! Tomorrow at dawn, pistols, to the death! Oh and wear those cute, tall, black boots so I can scavenge them from your corpse after I am victorious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding #4: don't worry, Kate, few of us expect coherence from you any more.

    - Jim

    ReplyDelete