Wednesday, December 14, 2005

neighbours, pt. 2


Today's soundtrack:
CBC Radio 3 Podcast

Finally got my pictures from the summer. This is of an abandoned church we found en route to the Lake (we weren't lost, just detouring). Lindell took many, much fancier pictures (curse him and his fancy cameras), and if he ever puts up a blog, chances are that you could see them there (guilt, guilt, guilt).

But that was the summer. At the moment, it's still snowing. And even though it's in the rent contract, the neighbours still aren't shovelling the snow. Dusty strumpets.

All this is really an elegant form of procrastination. I'm 100 pages from finishing my thesis, but Christmas lethargy has set in, and all I really want to do is curl up on the futon, sip on hot chocolate, and watch my "stories". But today, I've brought home Butler and other performative studies theorists. Nice and light evening reading, no? It's entirely likely, however, that I'll spend the evening thinking up things to say and questions to ask if any of the major political parties phone here looking for support. I've finally accepted the fact that I'll never be able to give my rehearsed speech outlining the atrocities and hypocrises of the Catholic Church to Pope Benny. Clearly, I have a better chance of arguing Harper into a corner.

In other news, the odd oooeeeoooeee music has been replaced with the squeak-squeak-squeak from the bedroom above our room. Maybe it's time to think about an apartment.

1 comment:

  1. That squeak-squeak-squeak song is awsome! Wish I heard it more often in my apartment building ... damn old people neighbors and the wife-beaters.

    ReplyDelete