Wednesday, April 05, 2006

down the literary rabbit-hole

Today's Soundtrack:
"When the Night Feels my Song" by Bedouin Soundclash

I'm having a Mrs Dalloway kind of day. That is to say, that "Mrs Dalloway said she would by the flowers herself" and indeed she did. In honour of the spring, which has finally seen fit to grace us with her presence, I picked up some lilies, daisies, and tulips from Safeway. Clearly not how Mrs Dalloway would do it, but things didn't end well for her, did they? I ask because the book is sitting, unfinished, on my shelf for the past year and a half. I believe that when I left her, she was walking down a street in London. In truth, I only picked the book up after watching The Hours one night on the Island. It's not as though I dislike Virginia Woolf, but I'm not much of a modernist. Besides, I had to read Three Guineas in Liberal Studies and I'm still recovering from the tirade. By the way, this picture is not of dear Ms. Virginia Woolf, but of my great-grandmother, who, I've heard, could dish out a good tirade in her day, too.

Lo siento, pero por que Miguelito está en Japón (qué suerte él tiene), no hay más español hoy.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy, she looks very familiar, an old time Kate perhaps.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, years of english breeding (re: inbreeding) will do that.

    ReplyDelete