Monday, June 12, 2006

movies and mundial

Today's soundtrack:
Buena Vista Social Club

In feeding my growing World Cup addiction, I came across this on the CBC site.

¡Viva España! I was going to write ¡arriba España! but Miguel says there are fascist connotations with that.

Also, watched both Brokeback Mountain and Everything is Illuminated this weekend. Brokeback was everything people said it was. Fantastic. Set at a cowboy pace. Beautiful. Everything is Illuminated was a surprise, though. I'm still not sure about Elijah Wood's character, but everyone else was strong. Made me want to learn Ukrainian. I guess I live in the right city for that. Anyhoo, I'd recommend Everything is Illuminated to you guys. Liev Schreiber makes a fantastic, erm.. premium director and screenplay writer. The dialogue is amazing. Really. A very quoteable movie. I hear the book is good too, but I've not had a chance to pick it up yet.

Oh, and ¡viva España!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Brokeback as well. Could you believe Anne Hathaway? I was like, omg, the disney Princess is doing a boob shot!

    ReplyDelete