Monday, July 03, 2006

bit of a bringdown

Today's soundtrack:
One Chord to Another by Sloan
Greatest Hits by Sublime

Was floating from link to link to link off of other people's blogs. Came across this photo essay on the children in Belarus. The ones from Chernobyl.

Why now? Because the Government of Canada has been all keen as of late on nuclear power as the answer to all our oil woes. I know 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl were basically freak accidents, and that nothing really bad has happened for years (that we know of, anyway. Not wanting to sound all conspiracy theorist here, but I saw Erin Brokovich. I know what these executive types are like). Still, I'd like to think there is a better alternative to risking another generation of children anywhere in the world having to live like these kids.

Maybe something mosquito-powered? I bet Manitoba could get behind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment