Thursday, March 15, 2007

the long drought is almost over

Today's soundtrack:
The Crane Wife by the Decemberists

It is as though the Snow Gods, angered beyond recognition by the prolonged absence of the Spaniard, have seen fit to cover the fair lands of Saskatoon in a second winter in order to properly welcome Miguelito home. I normally wouldn't complain at this divine justice, but because of the sudden freeze, I slipped on the ice outside of Place Riel and landed, quite firmly, on my butt. My spectacular and, dare I say somewhat graceful, plummet was met with wild applause and, I believe, a catcall or two. Yes, nothing says sexy like a woman all bundled up for the -30º falling on her ass. Anyway, with at least 5cm new snow on top of a smooth layer of ice, I think the Spaniard will have a completely stereotypical prairie homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment