Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"HOYVIN-GLAYVIN!"; or, when schizophrenia attacks.

Today's soundtrack:
"Jealous of Your Cigarette" by Hawksley Workman
"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall

For an hour or so this afternoon, as I sat with a cup of tea in my hand and Tristram Shandy in my lap, a flock of bohemian waxwings made the trees outside my office window their temporary home. I mentally coaxed them to come closer to the window so I could get a good look at the colours.

As a result, my inner geek is now completely disgusted with my inner nerd, and has threatened my inner nerd with a wedgie and a sound trouncing at the monkey bars after school today. My inner nerd is taking comfort in the knowledge that although she knows about birds, at least she's not making a Ravenclaw scarf and re-reading The Lord of the Rings like my inner geek.

My inner twinkie watched all of this with disdain and decided to force my inner nerd and geek to watch American Idol tonight as punishment for making her look even slightly uncool and fat. But my inner feminist took offense at her "fat" comment, and force-fed her the rest of the chocolate chip cookies while reading from The Second Sex.

Phew! What a day.

1 comment:

  1. Dios mio, mujer!

    Can't you all just get along?

    Ugh.

    (My inner dork just forced me to write that and then my inner M.A. in English Lit graduate kicked her.)

    ReplyDelete