Wednesday, February 06, 2008

making a nest out of yarn in order to keep warm

Today's soundtrack:
The Reminder by Feist

Oh happy happy day, the Mansbridge is covering Super Tuesday. He's down in California for it, but I think it's all just a cover for a romantic rendezvous with Claire Martin. I see the way he looks at her. There is definitely something going on. Not like the Rogstad and Chantel Huber. That's just straight-up hate sex. The CTV newsroom is clearly the Studio 54 of Saskatoon.

Of course, all this just serves to distract me from the cold snap that has me checking for cheap flights to Cuba. I'm in the midst of my Ravenclaw scarf, but the snap will be over before it's finished. Winter could be over before it's finished. But the winter didn't stop us from venturing out for 15% off Tuesday at Sobeys. Yes, that's right - 15%!. It's like Christmas in February. Well, we kind of overdid it and bought a ridiculous amount of groceries ("Sure hun, I totally need 2kg of whole wheat flour"), to the point where a random stranger took pity on us and offered us a ride home. On a whim, I weighed Miguel when we got home. With a backpack and two grocery bags full, it totaled 60lbs (that's just over 27kg for the metrical folks).

All that being said, tomorrow will be nice enough that I may go long underwear-less. I think we can safely say that it is the first day without long underwear, not the appearance of the groundhog, that heralds the spring.

Tangental aside: Watched the premiere of Eli Stone the other week. Once he was referred to as a prophet - repeatedly - I turned to Miguel and said "Jesus Murphy, the Mormons have escaped and they're producing TV shows". N.B. Marie Osmond just got her own talk show. I'm guessing she wants to be the Mormon Oprah.

2 comments:

  1. How did you get 15% off!!?? Damn! I picked a bad time to move away, Regina only has 10% off!!

    PS--Sigh, I love Canada. The only place left in the world where it isn't absolute madness to offer grocery laden strangers a ride and where it isn't suicide for said grocery laden folks to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention that I met someone who went to uni with Rogstad? It was interesting. I didn't know how to proceed--should I come out with the Rog-mockery? Or does she actually like him?!!!

    ReplyDelete